Explore the Latest in Mobility Solutions
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) and United Spinal Association are partnering to raise awareness and understanding of mobility solutions on a nationwide tour. We invite hospital administrators, case managers, occupational and physical therapists, and media to join us at one of our upcoming stops for an in-depth look at how automotive mobility dealers and manufacturers are working to improve the lives of their clients. In honor of National Mobility Awareness Month (May), the tour will kick off on May 1st at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab in Chicago.
Each awareness event will include:
- An informational session to find out how we can assist your patients with their mobility needs.
- A display of wheelchair accessible vehicles and mobility equipment designed to help those with disabilities get on the road.
- A Q&A about the Quality Assurance Program, funding, purchasing an accessible vehicle and more.
Automotive Mobility Awareness Tour Dates
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago May 1
- Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego June 4
- TIRR Kirby Glen Outpatient Facility, Houston June 5
- TIRR Hospital, Houston June 6
- Shepherd Center, Atlanta June 19
- Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, New Jersey October 30
More About NMEDA’s Mobility Solutions
NMEDA promotes awareness of adaptive transportation solutions available to persons with disabilities, their families, and their caregivers. Our members transform the lives of those living with disabilities with added independence and the ability to get behind the wheel of their own wheelchair accessible vehicle.
- Primary and secondary hand controls for decreased strength and range of motion in the driver’s hands and legs.
- Steering aids requiring minimal effort from driver.
- Special seating and restraints
- Wheelchair ramps and lifts for safe, easy entry to and exit from vehicles.
- For a comprehensive list: https://nmeda.com/what-to-buy/
For more information, please contact Cheryl Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.