Conducting Wheelchair Transportation Assessments
Online Training For Health Professionals
Earn Contact Hours**
The Conducting Wheelchair Transportation Assessments (CWTA) course is a Continuing Education course for health professionals. The online training format is approximately 1.5 hours and is accredited by AOTA, ADED, and CCMC for 1.0 CEU.
This introductory level course is designed to help healthcare professionals understand an overview of wheelchair and scooter options coupled with automotive mobility solutions for patients and clients with disabilities.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify appropriate vehicle modifications for wheelchair and scooter access;
- Discuss appropriate equipment for occupied wheelchair and scooter tie downs;
- Identify appropriate equipment for transporting unoccupied wheelchair and scooters;
- Refer to relevant safety guidelines and standards;
- Identify available sources to assure the most effective wheeled mobility transportation outcomes.
By learning about wheelchair transportation assessments, health professionals will be able to suggest options for caregivers or patients who want to drive but need accommodations. Topics covered include learning about NMEDA’s Quality Assurance Program (QAP™), evaluation conditions of patients and matching them with appropriate automotive mobility, wheelchair, or scooter solution.
**AOTA, ADED, CCMC CEUs pre-approved for 1.0 hours at NO COST to you!