Comprehensive Automotive Mobility Solutions Course for Health Professionals
Course Description and Outline:
This introductory level continuing education course contains a range of topics pertaining to personal automotive mobility solutions. It will assist the allied health care practitioner in understanding and advocating for individuals seeking automotive vehicle modification solutions, while also teaching practitioners about the unique process involved in evaluating, selecting and purchasing appropriate automotive options.
CAMS-HP Course Outline
- 7:30 Registration
- 8:00 Class Introduction and Overview
- 8:30 History of Mobility Companies/Manufacturers/Mobility Equipment Dealers
- 9:00 Comprehensive Automotive Mobility Solutions Presentation
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 Chronic Illnesses/Disability and Automotive Solutions
- 11:15 Working with Mobility Equipment Dealers
- 12:15 Morning session questions/answers/conclusions
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 Resource Review/Group Exercise
- 2:15 Product Walk-A-Round
- 3:30 Finish Part 2/Final Exam – Questions, concerns, conclusions
- 4:00 Adjourn
Continuing Education Provider: NMEDA
Target Audience: OT, OTA, PT, PTA, Case Managers, ATP, Students and Other Health Professionals
AOTA Classification Code: Category 2 Occupational Therapy Process
Education Level: Introductory
National Accreditations: AOTA (.7 CEU), ADED (7 CEH), CCMC (7 CEH), COPSKT (7 CEH)
Hear what previous attendee, Jill Suess, has to say about the CAMS-HP Course.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Understand and identify the unique process involved in researching, evaluating, selecting and purchasing automotive mobility solutions.
- Differentiate and list the key industry professionals and organizations involved with the automotive mobility equipment industry.
- Identify and list valuable resources to assist your patients in the available automotive transportation options.
- Understand and list the negative ramifications consumers/patients may face with poor awareness of this unique process in the automotive mobility arena.
- Identify and differentiate the pros and cons of various common automotive mobility solutions for accessible vehicles and adaptive equipment.
- Identify and learn how to establish a solid and positive working relationship with your local Mobility Equipment Dealer
April 23, 2020 – Niles, Illinois CANCELED
April 25, 2020 – Charlotte, North Carolina CANCELED
May 15, 2020 – Fort Myers, Florida CANCELED
June 12, 2020 – Mesquite, Texas
May 10, 2019 – Ottawa, Ontario
May 15, 2019 – Kelowna, British Columbia
June 14, 2019 – Saddle Brook, New Jersey
June 22, 2019 – Columbus, Ohio
September 24, 2019 – Sherbrooke, Quebec
September 26, 2019 – Toronto, Ontario
September 26, 2019 – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
November 15, 2019 – Birmingham, Alabama
November 18, 2019 – Fort Myers, Florida
December 2, 2019 – Portland, Maine
RESNA CEUs available by individual request.
Note: In order to receive certificate of completion, attendees must participate in the entire training, associated learning activities and tests. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply an endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Activity Cancellation by the Provider
The Provider (NMEDA) reserves the right to cancel the course due to unforeseen/unavoidable circumstances at any time. Any tuition fees will be refunded in full. However, NMEDA will not be responsible for non-refundable airline or hotel reservations that a participant may incur due to cancellation of the course. NMEDA reserves the right to change a course date, location, or instructor.
With this in mind, we recommend that you include a cancellation clause when booking your flight or hotel reservations, or refrain from making the reservations until one week prior to the scheduled training.