Government Funding For Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles

The following includes listings of local Veterans Affairs Agencies, Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies and various other related agencies that can provide valuable information, services and assistance to people with special needs. If you’re aware of a resource that you believe should be listed, please contact us.

Medicare and Medicaid

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), previously known as the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), is a federal agency within the US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with State governments to administer Medicaid. Find out how to qualify and obtain information about the Medicaid State Waiver Programs.

Social Security

The Social Security website contains an abundance of information to help you find out if you qualify for disability benefits and guide you through the process of applying. It also includes other information that may be relevant to you. Please direct any questions that you may have to the Social Security office in your area.

Veterans Administration Agencies

Veterans Administration offices across the United States might be able to provide funding assistance to help you finance your wheelchair accessible vehicle. Locate the VA agency in your state and contact them to see how they might be able to help.

Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies

State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies coordinates and provide counseling, evaluation, and job placement services for people with disabilities. View listings by state.